Last weekend I made a yummy meatloaf and just couldn’t resist snapping a photo of it. No lightbox, I just took it on the counter top in my kitchen. In case you’re wondering, it’s sitting on parchment paper. I always line my meatloaf pan with parchment paper so post cooking cleanup is a breeze. The recipe’s below, if you’re interested. I make another version that uses Heinze 57 sauce. It’s very tasty.
SERVES 6 (unless you’re really REALLY hungry)
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (I use Italian)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh Cremini mushrooms
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 can Tomato Soup
- 1 tblespoon Worchester sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Thoroughly combine all of the above ingredients.
- Shape into a loaf in shallow baking pan.
- Drape bacon over top of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 for one hour (I bake it only for 45 minutes). 160 F.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before slicing.